Get 15% Off the Best Ghee with a Subscription
We love ghee — and we make ours on the full moon for an infusion of auspicious energy. If you’re looking for the best ghee, try ours for yourself and taste the difference. And now, you can get your fix for less with our subscription service! Keep reading to learn more about subscriptions, and get a recipe for savory lentil soup made with Full Moon Ghee.
Benefits of Cooking with Ghee
Once you start using the best ghee in your cooking, we think you’ll be hooked. Ghee is a shelf-stable cooking fat with a high smoke point, making it ideal for a wide variety of uses in the kitchen. Made from butter, ghee has much of butter’s rich flavor. We make our ghee by simmering pots of the best local butter until the milk solids separate from the fat and begin to caramelize. At this point, the milk solids are strained and removed, leaving only pure butterfat and a lightly caramelized flavor behind. Ghee is free of lactose and casein, making it safe for most people with dairy intolerances to consume. Try it in our recipe for Savory Lentil Soup, below. We think you’ll enjoy how easy and delicious it is to cook with!
Get a Flexible Subscription for the Best Ghee
In 2012, Full Moon Ghee founder Hannah Jacobson-Hardy tasted ghee for the first time while studying yoga and Ayurvedic medicine. Two years later, Full Moon Ghee was born! After starting out producing Original ghee, more recently we began infusing our ghee with herbs, spices, cacao, and local maple cream. You can subscribe to any of our products for a 15% discount and convenient delivery on your chosen schedule. There’s no obligation, and you can modify or cancel your subscription at any time.
How to Use Ghee
There’s an infinite variety of uses for Full Moon Ghee. It’s ideal for sautéing onions, mushrooms, garlic, greens, and other vegetables. It’s delicious on top of oatmeal and pancakes (try our Maple Cream Ghee), toast (Chocolate Ghee on toast, anyone?), grains, potatoes, even meat and fish — try with our Rosemary Garlic infused ghee!
Learn More About Ghee on the Blog
Savory Lentil Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Full Moon Ghee (Original, Turmeric Spiced, or Rosemary Garlic)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2-4 oz shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- A few dashes each hot sauce, tamari, and Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 cup red or green lentils
- 32 oz broth (chicken or vegetable)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley or cilantro (optional)
- In a large pot, melt the ghee. Add onion, carrot and celery and sauté until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté until garlic is fragrant. Add hot sauce, tamari, Worcestershire sauce, turmeric, cumin and coriander and sauté until sizzling and fragrant.
- Rinse lentils well and add them to the pot. Stir to coat with spices. And broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes (for red lentils) or 40 minutes (green lentils).
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve hot topped with chopped fresh cilantro or parsley.