Enhance Your Favorite Healthy Apple Recipes With the Addition of Ghee
Apple pie is a hallmark of the dessert world, and the implementation of apples show up in countless desserts. Thus, it is only natural for ghee users to look for ways to bring together ghee and apples for healthy apple recipes.
Healthy Apple Recipes #1: Apple Crumble with Ghee
Our first recipe is a ghee take on a classic. Finding people that enjoy an apple crumble is an easy task. Being such a fan favorite, almost any version of these healthy apple recipes will be well received.
- 6 medium apples, skin removed, sliced
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup melted ghee
- 1/3 to ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- Set oven at 350 F.
- Pour the lemon juice on apple slices and mix so that apples are coated by the juice.
- Arrange the apple slices on the bottom of a 9″ glass pie dish.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the melted ghee, maple syrup or honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour the ghee mixture onto the dry ingredients and mix well, forming a dough.
- Spread dough onto apples.
- Bake in oven for approximately 45 minutes. Check often to avoid burning the topping.
Healthy Apple Recipes #2: Apple Halwa
Halwa is a spectacular Indian dessert that provides plenty of reasons to add it to the mix of your dessert creations. A treat that goes by many names and is made in many styles in different parts of the world. Found in both sweet and savory varieties, Apple Halwa is a sweet version of the treat. The recipe adds one more to your list of healthy apple recipes.
- 2 apples, large [about 1.5 cups grated apples]
- 1.5 tablespoons ghee, clarified butter
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ + ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- sliced almonds, to garnish
- Wash the apples and peel them.
- Cut into slices and run them into a food processor till the apples are well ground.
- In a pan, heat ghee on medium heat. Once hot, add the apples.
- Cook the apples until all liquid is evaporated. At least seven minutes
- Add sugar, cinnamon powder, nutmeg, and cardamom. Mix.
- Mixture will become liquidy again as ingredients begin to melt.
- Cook for 5 minutes, constantly stirring until water evaporates.
- Top with sliced almonds, serve hot.
These recipes work great with our traditional ghee, but imagine the healthy apple recipes that could be elevated by the addition of our maple or chocolate ghee. The possibilities are endless and mouthwatering.