If you’re looking for an online ghee store to purchase high-quality, artisanal ghee, you’ve come to the right place.
Celebrated for five millennia for its healing properties and nutritional value—not to mention its delicious taste!—ghee is a “superfood” whose quality comes from not only the ingredient it’s made from, but also from the care with which it’s crafted. Full Moon Ghee’s online ghee store is filled with ghee that is crafted with integrity, love and high-quality local butter.
Check out our online ghee shop!
Why choose Full Moon Ghee?
As ghee’s popularity has grown in recent years, so too have your choices. It seems that ghee producers and purveyors are hocking all types and qualities of ghee all over the internet. And while it’s great to have plenty of options, it’s also pretty important to be a bit discerning about where and whom you buy your ghee from. So let us tell you why you should buy your ghee from Full Moon Ghee’s online ghee store.
- Local. That’s funny to say if you’re not here in western Massachusetts (where we’re located) and you’re seeking out an online ghee store. But what we mean is that our ghee is made from pure Jersey cow butter sourced from local farms here in Massachusetts. When you support Full Moon Ghee, you support local farms!
Not only that, but the cows are fed high-quality grass, treated ethically, and without the use of hormones or antibiotics. Ghee made from butter that comes from grass-fed cows is higher in quality nutrients than ghee made from just any old butter.
- Intentional. We make our ghee in small batches, with attention to each jar. Our process is slow and meticulous—each batch of ghee takes about 12 hours to clarify, cool and set.
- Honoring Ayurvedic tradition. We cultivate a peaceful or sattvic state of mind and chant mantras while making our ghee. Every batch is infused with intentions of tranquility, vitality, and wellbeing.
- Made on the full moon. It’s not just a name! Ghee is traditionally made on the waxing or full moon because according to ancient Vedic texts in India, this is an expansive time during the lunar cycle when the essences of plants and animals are drawn upward. Remaining connected to ancient traditions while honoring the cycles of the moon is important to us, so we offer our respect to the cycles of nature by crafting our ghee on the full moon.
- Created by an herbalist. Hannah Jacobson-Hardy, Full Moon Ghee’s founder and visionary is an herbalist who has studied and taught Western, Chinese, and Ayurvedic plant-based medicine for a decade. She has brought her knowledge and love of plant medicine to the crafting of Full Moon Ghee where she has infused herbs, spices, cacao, and local maple cream to create a line of ghee that is as delicious as it is deeply nourishing.
Full Moon Ghee’s online ghee store is full of variety!
While we pride ourselves on the delectably sweet, nutty flavor of our Original Ghee, we also offer our ghee in a variety of other flavors to compliment any meal, sweet or savory!
Our Chocolate Ghee is made with cacao and local honey. This decadent dessert ghee is great for pouring over seasonal fruit, spreading on toast, or blending into a hot beverage!
To craft our Maple Ghee, we use locally sourced maple cream—a local specialty! Try a dollop or two on pancakes or waffles, spread on bread, or go ahead and just eat it straight out of the jar.
Our Rosemary Garlic Ghee is infused with rosemary and garlic sourced from farms here in western Massachusetts. Spread it over bread, dollop on potatoes and rice, or use as a cooking oil for greens, vegetables, and meat.
The organic turmeric, ginger and ashwaganda that we use in our Turmeric Spice Ghee are also sourced locally. Enjoy this ghee in curries, rice, roasted squash, or simply spread onto toast.
Can’t make up your mind? Why not try all four?