Adding Ghee and Guac to a Classic Healthy Stuffed Peppers
The stuffed pepper is a classic recipe that brings a lot of versatility. Bringing your creativity to the table to make your own unique stuffing is a special joy. Trying the healthy stuffed peppers recipe of someone else can be just as exciting to see how others interpret this classic meal.
We found this healthy stuffed peppers recipe on Primally Inspired and loved the way it brought extra spice and a complimentary side dish. Ghee fits in well with this dish that is fit to satisfy your friends, family, or yourself for a private night cooking in.
- Four chicken breasts
- One medium onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon each: dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- extra ghee for greasing and baking
- Four peppers (everybody has their own preference. Choose between red, green, yellow, orange, or maybe try one of each), tops cut off and seeds cleaned out
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup Full Moon Ghee
*for more spice, add more hot sauce and use less ghee. For less, use less hot sauce and more ghee.
- Two avocados
- ½ – One jalapeno, seeded, and minced
- ¼ of a medium red onion, finely chopped
- Two – Three tablespoons of cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ lime, juiced
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your dried spices.
- Place chicken breast and sliced onions in a single layer on a greased or parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle the entire pan with dried spices. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a small pat of ghee over each chicken breast.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, melt ¼ cup ghee in a pot over medium-low heat. Once melted add in hot sauce and stir. Set aside.
- If you are making guacamole, make it now (see instructions below).
- Once the chicken is cooked, run a knife through the chicken and onions until it is all cut into small bite size pieces.
- Combine chicken with the hot sauce mixture.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly in all four peppers.
- Place stuffed peppers in a baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until peppers soften to your liking.
- Serve with Guacamole. Enjoy!
- Mash all guacamole ingredients together until desired consistency.
Enjoy Your Healthy Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Not only does this healthy stuffed peppers recipe deliver an extra kick of spicy flavor, but it also brings the dish back down to earth with the complement of guacamole. The two foods pair well together, and the use of ghee lifts the dish to another level.
Of course, you’ll always have the option of taking some of your favorite pieces of this recipe and bringing your own stuffing style into the mix. That’s what makes stuffed peppers fun. But, if you don’t try this Primally Inspired recipe at least once, you’ll be missing out.
Recipe From: Primally Inspired – Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Pepper