What Goes Great with Breakfast? Breakfast Side Ideas from Full Moon Ghee
Breakfast, said to be our most important meal of the day, has the power to set the tone for your entire day. Start your day with an extra special breakfast, and the rest of your day will have a little more sparkle. Our breakfast side ideas are vegetarian, and we have both savory and sweet choices. They all feature our signature ingredient: creamy, dreamy ghee. Check out our online shop to order Full Moon Ghee online!
Breakfast Side Ideas: French Toast Sticks
- 4 thick slices day-old bread
- ¼ cup milk (dairy or non dairy)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Maple Ghee or plain Full Moon Ghee, divided
For Serving (Optional):
- Remove crusts from bread and cut each slice lengthwise into 4 sticks.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk milk, eggs and a pinch of salt.
- In another wide, shallow bowl or on a plate, combine coconut sugar, cinnamon and another pinch of salt.
- Melt half the ghee in a pan. When ghee is hot, quickly roll half of the bread sticks in the milk and egg mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Fry bread sticks in the ghee, turning to fry each side until golden brown.
- Remove sticks from ghee and roll to coat in cinnamon-coconut sugar mixture.
- Repeat steps 4-6 with remaining bread sticks.
- Serve with small bowls of melted ghee, maple syrup, jam and yogurt for dipping.
Breakfast Side Ideas: Fruit Skewers with Chocolate Ghee Drizzle
- 1 pint strawberries
- ½ pint raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries
- 3 peaches, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 banana, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Ghee
- ¼ cup toasted shredded coconut (optional)
- 6 wooden skewers
Thread each skewer with a variety of fruit. Arrange skewers on a serving platter. In a small saucepan, melt the Chocolate Ghee. Use a spoon to drizzle ghee over the skewers. Sprinkle toasted coconut over the skewers, if using.
Breakfast Side Ideas: Rosemary Garlic Home Fries
We think these Rosemary Garlic Home Fries pair deliciously with a high-protein breakfast. They are the perfect foil for eggs or scrambled tofu.
- 3 Russet potatoes
- ¼ cup Rosemary Garlic Ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice each russet potato in half lengthwise. Slice each potato half into three pieces. Then slice each third into ½-inch pieces.
- In a large ovenproof skillet (i.e. cast iron), heat the ghee over medium-high heat, until a drop of water sizzles. Add the potatoes and stir to coat with melted ghee. Leave the potatoes to fry for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pan in preheated oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are soft inside.
As you can see from these breakfast side ideas, ghee is so versatile. Browse the blog for more recipes that make use of ghee. Substitute ghee for butter or oil for sautéing and frying, and experience the joy of cooking with ghee!